Advance refundable if the booking is cancelled more than one week before the start of the course.
Advance refundable if the booking is cancelled more than one week before the start of the course.
Founded in the year 2015, World Peace yoga school is newer as compared to other schools in Rishikesh. However, the school is one of the renowned yoga schools. Yogi Vishnu is the founder of this school and his dream is to spread peace in the world through Yoga and Meditation. His objective is to provide sacred atmosphere for spiritual seekers to help them to connect with most profound and divine part of themselves.
This school is unique and one of its kind as it offers not only yogic practices like asana and pranayama but also provides the correct understanding, traditions, context and meaning of yogic science, asana and philosophy.
The courses provided by World Peace Yoga school are certified by Yoga Alliance, USA. Through these courses they offer full mystical comprehension of yoga to incorporate into their practice and daily life.
World Peace Yoga School is located at Tapovan Resort, Laxman Jhula Rishikesh. It is very close to the holy river Ganges and surrounded by peaceful and sacred environment which help the students to get familiar to yoga and meditation easily and effectively. The Laxman Jhoola market area and the the river Ganges is a five minutes walk from the school.
Please ensure that you have read the directions carefully. If you book through us, we will drop you at the school.
There are total 29 standard rooms available at three floor building of the school. All the rooms currently offered by the school are AC rooms. The rooms are on sharing basis. However, if you want to stay in a private accommodation, the school can arrange for the same. However, the school charges extra for providing a private room facility and the discretion of allotting a private room is with school. If you want to ask for a private accommodation, please contact the school from the contact form provided below.
The rooms are spacious and have attached washroom. For hot water availability, all the rooms have electric geysers installed. Each room has a queen sized bed and almirah.
There are three yoga halls in the school. Bamboo hall is located on the backside of the school, in a comparitevely open surroundings, second hall is on the ground floor and the third on the first floor. The yoga hall is non A.C. The capacity of these halls are given below: –
Hall on ground floor
Hall on first floor
Only sattvic food (vegetarian) is served in buffet system. The dining hall which has the capacity of 15-20 people at a time is located at the ground floor near reception. It is well furnished along with the facility of A.C.
Everyday food menu is fixed by the management. The school has listed the varieties available and meals are prepared according to the list. Please click on the link at the bottom of the page to check out the food served every day.
Please note that the food menu is seasonal and the management can change the menu without prior notification.
The class size is large and usually there are 45-50 students in a class.
You can reserve your seat after paying the booking advance amount. The advance payment is refundable if the cancellation is done before one week of the course start date. There are no refunds if the cancellation is done in the preceding week of course start date. You have to pay the remaining amount directly at the school. The school accepts fees in cash/ credit card at the school. All major currencies are accepted at the school.
6:30 AM (spring and summer)
100 hours Yoga Teacher Training program (Pre-Teacher Training Course) is part of 200HR TTC course that the school offers. If you are limited in time, the school offers the option to divide your 200 hours TTC into two parts. The first part of the 200HR TTC i.e. 100 hrs TTC will be completed at our Yoga School. After completing the first 100 hours you are free to complete the remaining 100 hours with in the same year in any month when you have time to visit again at world peace yoga school. The 200 hours must be completed within one year.
This 14 days course starts on 2nd of every month and runs till 15th of that month. Please click on the book course tab to select your date and book the course.
The classes start at 6:30 AM. Daily class schedule is fixed and same classes are followed every day till completion of the course.
Yogi Vishnu Panigrahi has been steeped in spiritual endeavors since childhood. As a young boy, his grandfather advised him to meditate and pursue spirituality from an honest and pure perspective.
A Radhe-Krishna Temple was constructed by his grandfather in their village in Odisha, India where Vishnu would frequently serve food and water to wandering sadhus.
Himanshu Joshi ji is the president & respected partner, brother as well as great friend of yogi vishnu ji. Himanshu ji & yogi vishnu ji are working together from beginning. Himanshu ji is trained in bhakti yoga, karma yoga beside this he is pursuing master in indian & western philosophy. He teaches yoga philosophy & meditation.
Naveen Raj,is also known as Yogi Naveen. He is from Kshatriya family. He is a spiritual seeker. He speaks Hindi and English languages fluently. He loves to interact with people, talking about life and travels widely to gain and impart spiritual knowledge. He holds master degree in Psychology, certificates in Yoga Science. He is also certified in Life Skill Training. He has worked for decades in the profile of training and teaching in various organizations in India. He is an acclaimed speaker on various topics of Yoga, Meditation, Mind and Body Management, Relationship, Stress Management, Self Healing and Life Skills.
Rishi, who is a mind therapist and yoga instructor, clinical hypnotherapist, and an energetic alignment practitioner. He is a master for mind therapies and heal people by using various techniques like hypnosis, yoga, pranayama, and meditation, working directly on the subconscious levels.
Om was born and raised in the holy town of Rishikesh the world Yoga capital. Since the age of 14, he has learned various forms of Yoga from different parts of India. He has spent a good time of his life practicing Yoga. Yogi Om Dwivedi is a trained faculty in multi Yoga Hatha, Kundalini, Ashtanga yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. He is attached to the Sacha lineage in Sacha Dham Ashram from the age of 14 years. Om Dwivedi is an internationally renowned Yoga spiritual master and he has trained about 3000+ Yoga teachers across the world in his career as a Yoga Guru.
Yogi parlad ji is hatha yoga teacher at (wpys) for more than a year.
Education- Master in yoga sciences from uttarkhand university. 500 hours certified yoga teacher with yoga alliance USA.
Teaching experience- 10 years teaching experience with many great yoga schools around the world.
Just completed a 200 YTT in the World Peace Yoga School….
I came out with a new version of myself that now will be challenged coming back to the “real world” – but i do not doubt one second that my month at the school put be back on the right track again <3 Everybody should try it... And dear upcoming students - do some karmayoga in the school and in your room to make your stay more pleasant...it's not the Hilton, it's magical India your are visiting 🙂 Peace and Love from a very happy student...THANKS and NAMASTÉ
As I write this review, I write it with a happy heart, an open mind, and a healthy body. All of which I have to thank the World Peace Yoga School for helping me achieve this. One month at the World Peace Yoga School in Rishikesh will go down as one of the best months of my life. It was challenging, emotionally, spiritually and physically, but totally rewarding so much that I was so sad to leave my yoga family! I would love to return and complete my 300 hours one day.
Do not expect luxury. You are here to be emotionally and physically challenged. If you are seeking relaxation, incredible food and the best night’s sleep ever, this place is not for you. If you want to become stronger physically and mentally and want to challenge yourself so much so that when you return home you’ll be looking at the world with so much gratitude and love, then I highly recommend WPYS. Come with an open mind and know that the standard here is incredibly high for Rishikesh.
There are some negative reviews here, and I do want to point out that if you are open-minded and grateful from the start, treat the organizers with respect, then you will be looked after. It’s what you make out of it!!
I’ve given it 4 out of 5 stars because:
– The hygiene in the kitchen definitely needs to be improved and meet Western standards, to avoid illness.
– Whilst I was always grateful for the meals, sometimes I secretly wished they were more healthy, exciting and delicious like the nearby Pure Soul Organic Cafe.
– I expected to stay in the school itself but had to stay in the 2star motel next door, which at first I was incredibly disappointed but the school was helpful in the end and they compensated.
Pros: Warm and lovely teachers who truly enjoy teaching meditation.
Cons: Utter disorganization of the program. From the moment I arrived, no one seemed to know what they were doing. No orientation, nothing. It was a very poorly organized, don’t let the website fool you! The yoga students didn’t do ANY actual yoga until the third week. Huh?! The first two weeks are classroom instruction with no practice. The instructors were nice but also didn’t know what they should teach from one day to the next. I know it’s India, but the classes were too focused on rote mantra memorization and less meditation teaching. At one point, it felt more like a fanatical religious school — which is not what I signed up for and doesn’t fit everyone’s spiritual perspective. Overall, this was a disappointing waste of money. It is not sufficient to just say “oh well it’s just India” No. there are plenty of courses in Rishikesh that are organized and run smoother.
After completing the 200 hr TTC at World Peace Yoga School in the Tapovan Resort Rishikesh, I’d like to share this review to inform potential future students about some drawbacks of this school:
* Beautiful green garden with a nice mountain view
* Opportunity to make a huge physical and spiritual development if you don’t care about the drawbacks of the school/teachers
* Good meditation teacher
* Almost everybody in our batch got sick at some point, most likely from the food and/or water from the school. The kitchen was very dirty with hundreds of flys and sanitarily untrained personal. Drinking water was foul smelling and sometimes contained bugs. Some lost days or weeks being sick. Instead of apologizing for that they were blaming us for not attending all classes and gave us regular telling-offs, which was totally inappropriate. Even for India it’s not normal and acceptable to get sick like that, especially at a school you pay loads of money to, at least health and wellbeing must be ensured. In other countries this place would have been shut down, but there you had to justify yourself and got telling-offs for being sick
* The asana classes are held in a shouting and almost militaristic manner. Be prepared to be shouted at for 4 weeks while doing your asanas. If you miss some classes due to sickness, be prepared to be ignored by the yoga teachers D. & S. who take that personally and generally act very egoic and immature. Some Indian yoga teachers seem to confuse yoga with mere disciplining physical exercises which they conduct in an unconsciously harsh manner and with shallow spiritual connotations, derived mainly from a sense of tradition rather than from spiritual understanding
* Be prepared to be confronted with some Hindu Nationalist theses during philosophy class, which can be pretty shocking if you’re versed with the subjects!
* On contrary to the information on their website, group sizes are much bigger than “15-20 people”. We were 34 people in the 200hr batch alone
* The organization is quite poor. From reading their professional website one might assume a professional and well organized school. Unfortunately that was not the case. The guy who we would talk to when having any organizational questions seemed to be kitchen-guy, janitor, mantra-teacher and fellow yoga student in one person
* Yogi Vishnu you’ll only see in the opening ceremony and every now and then at school. However he is not much involved in the training but rather the face of the brand “WPYS”
* Due to the huge group size (more profit?) some people had to stay in a nearby hotel organized by the school. Some described their hotel rooms as “holes”
* They don’t convey a lot of actual teaching skills. Most people from our batch had the opportunity to hold one 15 minutes asana teaching lesson during the whole month. That means you have only 15 min. in 4 weeks to actually practice and see how it is to teach a class. Others did not even have the opportunity for this 15 min. After the course you may find it difficult to give classes right away if your goal is to become a teacher.
I think the text of the website of WPYS needs some updating after moving to the Tapovan resort. We were the first group in this building and the staff was still busy making it all according to standard. Some more cleaning needed to be done however. The room was nice and spacious an reasonably clean. No Ganges views here, but a nice view over himalayan mountains. The resort is within walkable distance (5 min) to Laksman Jhula bridge and surrounded by friendly street noices, mantra singing from near ashrams and temples, dogs barking etc. Many nice cafes around, where you can great vegan and organic food, life music and good wifi. During the course you clean your own room and bathroom. The food was simple but tastefull and nourishing. The course itself was very good with experienced and very gentle teachers, a good program and a clear syllabus and books. We missed out on anatomy lessons, but enough material provided to look into this ourselves. On top off this a free massage by Johnson or Karen and some excursions (sunrise in the mountains, waterfall visiting, acro yoga at the Ganges) on free Sundays. I loved the daily philosophy lessons and our meditation class in the morning at 6.00. These were outstanding because of the teachers Gaurav Agrawal and Sanjiv Kashyap. All in all I am realy happy I experienced this intense course, inlusive all difficult moments of continious sore muscles and fatigue. The resort is not public and only open to students of WPYS.